Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Time Flies
So, I turned 32 years old today. One of my lifelong friends mentioned that our birthdays seem to be coming faster and faster these days. Her observation seems all too real to me. I feel like I have two or three birthdays per year now. Like, didn't I just turn 21 yesterday?!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." I ran across this adage today and I couldn't help but apply it to my current thinking about life. The past 10 years truly seem like a blur. There have been so many memories; good times and tough times. I think it's time to slow down and start enjoying the little things more.
Sitting around a campfire with friends or cousins, listening to silly conversations between our kiddos, going swimming at Carter Caves, eating watermelon on the front porch barefoot, wearing jellie shoes, front porch sitting and talking with no tech devices!!
It almost seems that delving back into childhood memories instantly slows time. For a moment we can remember those summer days that seemed to stretch for a week. A school year used to drag on for 3 years in our young minds; now I blink and wonder where the school year has gone. This summer I am pledging to live like it's the 90's again. Slow, slow, slow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment